We respect your privacy, and we are committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of the personal data you provide to us or that we collect about you when you use our Site, when you participate in our Community, or when you otherwise interact with us. We are aware of our responsibilities to protect your personal data, to keep it secure and comply with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
DATA CONTROLLER AND DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect your personal data in the following ways:
- Personal data which you provide directly to us. This includes your full name and contact information (including email address).
Personal data automatically collected when you access or use the Site or participate in
the Community, including:
- login information: we may collect system log information about your use of the Site and participation in the Community, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- device information: we may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site or to participate in our Community, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers (such as, IP address, IMEI number, the address of the device's wireless network interface, or mobile phone number used by the device) and mobile network information.
- location information: we may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use our Site, participate in the Community or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. You can turn off location services for a device at any time, but this may turn off some useful features.
- information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies: we may use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Site, the Community and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site or the Community are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see our Cookies Policy below.
- Personal data collected from third party sources. We may also obtain personal data from third party and public sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data for to improve our Site, our Community and to design and offer such other products and services which we may determine to be of use to our Users.
The processing of data for each of the aforementioned purposes may be carried out using paper-based, automated or electronic means, in particular via ordinary mail or by email, via telephone (e.g. automated calls or SMS messages), via fax and/or via any other IT channel (e.g. websites and mobile apps).
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data:
- between and among our affiliates as are relevant for the above purposes and to facilitate the operation of our business, but we shall only do so on a need to know basis;
- with third-party IT and marketing support service providers and other consultants, vendors and service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or provide services on our behalf or who help us to provide the Site and the Community to you;
- with any law enforcement, courts, government or regulatory bodies (in whatever jurisdiction), or otherwise in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, court order or legal process;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- with our advisors, which includes our accountants, auditors, lawyers, other professional advisors and business contacts for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- with any other party at your consent or at your direction; and
- otherwise as permitted or required by applicable laws and regulations.
TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Within the context of our contractual relations, your personal data may be transferred outside Singapore. This may occur via the insertion of such personal data into databases managed by third-party companies operating on our behalf. The management of the databases and the processing of your personal data must comply with the purposes for which this information was collected, and such activities shall be carried out in strict compliance with the applicable laws on the protection of personal data. In cases where your personal data is transferred outside Singapore, we will take all appropriate contractual measures necessary and appropriate in order to ensure adequate levels of data protection. These measures may include agreements based on standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data, among other methods.
From time to time, we would like to use your name, email address and other relevant contact information to send you either via emails, SMS messages, push notifications, post, or social media, information that we think may be of interest to you, but we can only do so with your consent.
You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications at any time, free of charge, by following the unsubscribe instructions contained therein or by contacting us directly.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The data processed in order to provide our services will be kept by us for the period considered strictly necessary to achieve these ends. Furthermore, the data processed in order to provide such service may be stored for a longer period, to enable any disputes relating to the provision of such service to be handled. Data processed for marketing purposes will be kept by us from the point at which you provide your consent until such consent is revoked. In the event such consent is revoked, the data may no longer be processed for such purpose, but may still be stored in order to handle any disputes and/or disagreements. All data will be retained by us for such time periods as is compliant with applicable local laws and regulations.
A cookie is a small text file that stores Internet settings. Almost every website uses cookie technology. The cookie is downloaded by your Internet browser the first time you visit a website. The next time you visit this website with the same terminal device, the cookie and the information in it are either sent back to the originating website (first-party cookie) or to another website to which it belongs (third-party cookie). By that, the website can detect that it has already been opened using this browser, and in some cases, it will then vary the content it shows.
Cookies do not cause any damage to your computer and do not contain any viruses. The cookies from our website do not gather any personal data about you.
Some cookies are extremely useful as they are able to improve the user experience when you return to a website that you have already visited several times before. Provided you are using the same device and the same browser as on previous visits, cookies remember features such as your preferences when you use a page and adapt what is offered so that it better suits your personal interests and requirements.
As a rule, cookies are only used on our websites for the length of your session for the purpose of anonymous, statistical assessments and for improving user-friendliness.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
THIRD PARTY SITES
You are entitled to the following rights: right of access to the personal data we hold about you, right of rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict data processing, right to object against profiling and your personal right to data portability. Whenever reasonably possible and required, we will strive to grant these rights within one (1) month. You may also withdraw your consent to receiving direct marketing communications, or more generally to our processing of your personal data, at any time, and you may in certain circumstances ask us to delete your personal data. However, we may not be able to continue providing services to you if you entirely withdraw your consent or ask us to delete your personal data entirely. To make these requests, or if you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal data, or would like us to update the data we maintain about you and your preferences, please contact our data protection officer by email at [•] or by post at [•].